It takes just 3 steps to sign a document. 1) View document signing request from email 2) Click and sign document 3) Receive completed PDF document in email.
Here is an overview of the process:
1. View document signing request from email
From the email notification, click on View Document to access the document.
2. Fill in your particulars
If you have previously used Sign.net, you can skip this steps i and ii, and go straight to step iii.
i. Check your First Name and Last Name
iii. Agree to use electronic signatures
To ensure legal significance of your document, all parties of the document will be required to agree to use electronic records and signatures.
3. Review document and sign
You will then be brought to the document signing dashboard.
i. Click and acknowledge all highlighted fields
- Fields that need to be filled will be highlighted in color. Make sure to click and acknowledge all highlighted fields.
- A pop-up may appear if you are required to input any information on the document.
ii. When done, click Submit button on the right panel.
- You will see a pop-up that says Signing Completed.
5. View completed document
Viewing the completed document on an Adobe Acrobat Reader will display all fields on the document. Completed documents on Sign.net are sealed with a certificate to show that it has not been tampered with.
6. Access documents with a Sign.net account
You may also access your documents with a free, personal Sign.net account, which will allow you to:
- Access an ongoing audit trail of the document
- Track the progress of signing on the document
- Access and download all documents that you have previously signed on Sign.net.
- Sign and send unlimited number of documents for free.
You can set up your free Sign.net account at https://app.sign.net/register/personal.